For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is the World Initiative of Mining Lawyers of 125 Old Broad Street, London, UK, EC2N 1AR.
Information we may collect:
We may collect and process information (including personal information) from you if you visit the Site, apply for membership, register for an event or conference, or contact us with an inquiry. The information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
We assume that any information you supply to us is accurate and up to date, that you will inform us if any such information needs to be removed or updated. If you submit a third party's details to us so that they receive communications from us you must have that third party's permission to do so. We may also collect information, for example Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, about you from publicly available sources and the Internet.
Use of your Personal Information:
We may use your personal information to:
• enable you to use the Site and/or services including those referenced on the Site and ensure the Site and the services are provided in the most effective manner for you;
• send you a confirmation for completion of our services;
• send service updates and notify you of changes to the Site or services;
• communicate with or respond to you;
• publish your information in our membership lists for circulation to other members and sponsors;
• publish your photographic image in our promotional and publicity materials for events we hold or on our Site;
• update or otherwise provide maintenance for the Site or services;
• administer the Site and your account;
• send you newsletters and other marketing communications;
• improve our Site, services and marketing efforts;
• conduct research and analysis on our membership preferences;
• display content based upon your interests;
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
• provide you, or permit selected third parties (e.g. sponsors, suppliers) to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you or you have ordered and/or that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about. If you are an existing member, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to the WIOML services and events. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this contact. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box during the registration process;
• keep the Site safe and secure; and
• measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information. At any time, you can exercise your right to prevent this processing by contacting us in writing through our Contact Us page.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing materials by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those materials or you can UNSUBSCRIBE by clicking here.
If you choose not to have your photographic image published in our materials, please notify us through our Contact Us page. Please note that this choice would not apply in any case where you attend a WIOML event, appear in the background of a photo taken by us during any WIOML event and that your image may be published as a result.
If you choose not to give your email to third parties for commercial purposes consistent with the objects of our organization, you may opt out by clicking here.
Disclosure of your personal information:
We may share your personal information about you with third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the above uses of your information.
We may disclose your personal information if we determine the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions, or protect our operations or members, or comply with any legal obligation. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger or sale of WIOML we may transfer any or all personal information to a third party.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties, save that we may provide your email address to third parties for commercial purposes consistent with the objects of our organization.
Access to Your Personal Information:
To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to us at:
World Initiative of Mining Lawyers
125 Old Broad Street,
London, UK, EC2N 1AR.
Enclose a check or postal order for £10 made payable to [World Initiative of Mining Lawyers] to cover our administration costs. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you, within 40 days of receipt of your written request and the fee, a copy of all the personal information we hold about you and which we are legally required to disclose. Please note that in accordance with our security procedures we may also request proof of your identity before disclosing certain information to you.
If you have any reason to believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us here.
Storage of your Personal Information:
We retain your personal information for as long as your membership account or activity with us is active and as needed to provide you services related to WIOML membership and events or as required by applicable law. If you wish to cancel your membership, your information will be retained and used only as necessary to comply with your requests or our legal obligations. You may cancel your membership at any time using the "CANCEL MEMBERSHIP" feature by clicking here.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not secure. Although we will protect your personal information by using generally accepted standards for security features to prevent unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site because methods of Internet transmission and storage are not secure. As a result, any transmission is at your own risk and we do not guarantee secure transmission or storage.
Links To Other Sites:
Cookies and Email Tracking;
NTD: Are other technologies being used such as web beacons, tags, or collecting IP addresses? The paragraph below is situation-specific and should be modified with input from the Site developer.
When you log into the Site we use a "temporary cookie". This enables us to show you personalized views of information on the Site and also means that you don't have to re-enter your log-in details every time you move between different parts of the Site. This temporary cookie is erased completely as soon as you close down your browser.
If you receive marketing emails from us, we may also track when you have opened the emails and which links contained in the emails you chose to use.